Friday, April 3, 2009

Nicky & Kit: Wedding

I've been needing to post these shots for quite some time!

When Nicky first contacted me to photograph her Kansas City wedding, we hit it off right from the start! After chatting over coffee in downtown KC, I couldn't help but feel like I had known Nicky for a long time and we were just old friends reconnecting. We laughed as we exchanged stories about our families, similarities and everything else in between!

On their wedding day, Nicky and Kit were so carefree, calm and happy! It was so fun to just watch them be in love and enjoy the day with their friends, family and loved ones! Nicky's four beautiful daughters were her bridesmaids and this could not be a more perfectly matched family!

The ceremony was held at William Jewel College's Grand River Chapel with the reception following at the Intercontinental Rooftop Ballroom in Kansas City, Missouri.

Nicky and Kit, thank you so much for welcoming me into your lives! You're wedding was so full of life, love and friendship and I'm lucky to have been your photographer!!!


The gorgeous Nicky!

blog web IMG_0126

Nicky and Kit chose to see each other before the wedding! We were able to grab these super sweet shots of just the two of them before the rest of the day swept them away...

web blog IMG_0104

web blog IMG_0015_3

web blog IMG_0128_3

web blog IMG_0432_3 copy

web blog IMG_0113_3

Kit got the guys these great gifts...
Blog Web IMG_0232_3

blog web IMG_0266_3

I always bring my assistant photographer Larissa to all my weddings! She helps me get fabulous detail shots like these! Nicky put lots of thought and planning into the location, details, elements, color scheme... and everything in between! We love details!
blog web details

Web Blog IMG_0629

The Intercontinental Rooftop Ballroom has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the plaza... and also some floor to ceiling CURTAINS that go with those windows! Larissa got this shot! Too funny!
web blog IMG_0661

Web Blog IMG_0397_2_2

Thanks again Nicky and Kit! I had such a wonderful time with you on your wedding day and I look forward to seeing you again soon!!!